FedEx is a company that specializes in ground, air, and express shipping. The name “FedEx” is an abbreviation of the original air division, Federal Express. Since the inception of this division, FedEx has expanded into other shipping and delivery services.
The company also specializes in shipping and packing materials and other administrative tasks, such as copying, faxing, printing, and package tracking. There are several corporations within FedEx, including:
- FedEx Express;
- FedEx Ground;
- FedEx Office;
- FedEx Freight;
- FedEx Custom Critical;
- FedEx Logistics;
- FedEx Supply Chain;
- FedEx Services;
- FedEx Corporation.
Since the company offers a variety of services, there are also various job opportunities, which include office positions, driving opportunities, customer service titles, or freight loading roles. FedEx has a standard employee benefits package, no matter which position you work in for the company. However, the salary and other employee benefits may vary, depending on which branch of FedEx you’re employed with.
Table of Contents
FedEx Career Benefits
FedEx offers employee benefits to encourage workers to continuously improve and advance in their careers, such as:
- Career planning: Employees are encouraged to learn about the industry and are given consistent constructive feedback on how they can improve in their current roles.
- Development resources: FedEx offers many internships and seminars so employees can continue learning about their field and improving upon their knowledge and skills.
- GED reimbursement: Employees who want to earn their GED are offered full reimbursement for courses.
- Leadership programs: FedEx offers expansive leadership courses to mold employees into effective leaders and supervisors.
- Recognition programs: The company focuses on recognizing its employees through several recognition programs, including the: Five Star award, Excellence award, Purple Promise Quality and Purple Promise awards, Bravo Zulu award, and Humanitarian award.
- Tuition reimbursement: FedEx pays the full cost of tuition and educational expenses for employees who continue their education in a job-related field.
FedEx Health Insurance Benefits
FedEx has advanced health insurance benefits for employees to ensure they continue to thrive. These benefits include the following:
- Counseling: Employees and family members have access to counselors to talk through work-related grievances or personal problems.
- Dental plan: The dental plan covers employees and their family members for preventative care, as well as specialized dental work.
- Health insurance: Hospital stays, surgical procedures, and routine health care are covered under the FedEx health insurance plan for workers and their family members.
- Healthcare spending account (HSA): Employees can deposit a portion of their paycheck into a tax-free HSA to use on eligible medical expenses throughout the year.
- Health plan incentives: Lower premium rates, consultations with nutritionists, and regular checkups are incentives for employees to stay enrolled in the company’s health plan.
- Maternity support: Pregnant women have access to support, resources, and administrative assistance through the company’s maternity program.
- Telehealth: FedEx covers telehealth expenses, including doctor’s opinions, services provided, and exams that are completed virtually for employees and covered family members.
- Vision plan: Vision-related medical devices and vision exams are covered under the company’s vision plan.
FedEx Financial Benefits
FedEx offers a variety of financial benefits for employees to ensure they plan for retirement and can comfortably support their families. These benefits include:
- 401(k): Employees can save 4% of their income for a 401(k) account and FedEx matches 50% of their contribution. A variety of accounts are offered so an employee can choose which one is best for their financial situation.
- Adoption assistance reimbursement: Whether an employee adopts a child domestically or from a foreign country, the company covers court and adoption fees for single parents or families.
- Bonus pay benefits: Bonus pay is awarded to employees who go above and beyond or who achieve certain results-driven goals the company sets.
- Commuter benefits: Reimbursement for expenses related to parking, buses, and trains are provided to employees with long or expensive commutes.
- Daycare flexible spending accounts: A daycare spending account allows employees to put money away for daycare costs they may incur while they’re at work.
- Disability benefits: Short-term disability coverage with FedEx provides employees with salary replacement for a certain amount of time after an injury or illness.
- Life insurance: FedEx pays for 50% of life insurance policy premiums, making them more affordable for employees. Death benefits can total up to one year of the employee’s salary.
- Paid time off: The company provides employees with paid time off to ensure they achieve and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- Paid volunteer time off: Employees receive two paid time off days each quarter to volunteer with a charitable organization of their choice.
- Parental leave benefits: New mothers and fathers are given parental leave benefits, even if they adopted or fostered children.
- Pensions: FedEx prioritizes financial security in retirement by offering pensions to long-term employees who retire.
- Salary increases: Since individual performance is consistently evaluated, salary increases are provided to employees who show they’re dedicated and performing well.
FedEx Various Employee Perks
In addition to health insurance and financial benefits, FedEx offers other employee perks that company workers can utilize. Some of the best employee benefits include the following:
- Discounted travel: As a FedEx employee, you have access to discounted airfare tickets through select airlines.
- Reduced shipping rate: Exclusive discounts are provided to employees who need to ship personal items domestically and overseas.
If you’re considering working for FedEx, chances are you have a variety of jobs to choose from. Not only does the company offer numerous job titles, it also provides an array of important health and financial benefits for employees and their family members. Employee perks, room for advancement, and educational opportunities also make it advantageous to work for this shipping, tracking, and administrative company.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/
Our Experts Recently Evaluated The Top 5 Credit Repair Companies Available.