People are always searching for simple ways to make money. Regardless of whether this is a side hustle while you are between jobs or a side hustle in addition to your regular job, you have options. Below is a list of 10 simple and easy options to get free money now and information on how to do so.
Table of Contents
1. Survey Junkie
Survey Junkie is an online survey platform that pays individuals for sharing their opinions on specific brands. Brands want to take advantage of consumer insight, and Survey Junkie creates a simple method for getting that information.
To take part in Survey Junkie, you need to create an account and fill out an application that covers different personal information. You must provide your:
- Legal name;
- Date of birth;
- Country of residence.
Once you fill out this information, Survey Junkie will match you to different surveys that will appear on your dashboard. You receive varying amounts of virtual points for completing surveys and those virtual points can be redeemed for e-gift cards, or you can be paid out via PayPal.
Different surveys are worth different amounts of points, and the points you receive depend on the number of questions or the amount of time it takes to complete. One point is equal to one cent, and you must earn 500 points — or $5 — to cash out on your earnings. The amount that you earn is ultimately up to you.
Swagbucks is an alternative to search engines like Google, Bing, or Yahoo. Users must create a free account, and when you create an account, you automatically get 1,000 Swagbucks — or $10.
Your Swagbucks can be redeemed for different gift cards, or you can be paid out via PayPal once you have earned enough Swagbucks. You’re able to earn Swagbucks in a few different ways:
- Search/shop online: When you use the Swagbucks search engine, you earn Swagbucks for using the search engine, and you earn additional Swagbucks for every dollar you spend;
- Fill out surveys: There are surveys and polls available daily that can help you earn Swagbucks easily. The requirements and amount of points vary between surveys;
- Watch videos: There are videos and playlists you can watch to earn Swagbucks. The length of the video or playlist will determine the amount of money you get;
- Play games: There are online games that you can play to earn Swagbucks. There are two ways you can earn Swagbucks by playing games. If you play games that are created by Swagbucks, you earn randomly. If you make in-game purchases on any available game, you earn instantly.
InboxDollars is an online platform that connects different brand partners with consumers. Users can create an account on the website for free and you receive a $5 bonus just for signing up. You must make a minimum of $30 to cash out and you can be paid with different gift cards, or via PayPal.
Just like Survey Junkie and Swagbucks, InboxDollars has relationships with partner brands that are looking for consumer insight, and that is how you can make money. You earn cash by:
- Taking online surveys: InboxDollars matches users with the demographic profile that a brand is looking for. Their surveys last anywhere between three to 25 minutes and most surveys pay out from $0.50 to $5, with some paying out as much as $20;
- Watching videos: You can watch videos from several brands. These videos are often brand content promoting a new product or service, but they are sometimes movie or television trailers. The amount you earn depends on the length of the video;
- Playing games: You earn money by playing games created by InboxDollars, or you earn money for every dollar you spend on GSN games;
- Online shopping: You earn cash back, get access to coupons, and receive free samples when you shop online using the InboxDollars platform;
- Reading emails: You earn money by simply reading InboxDollar emails that detail “best offers.” If you take advantage of the best offers, you can make additional earnings.
4. Credit Karma
You can sign up for free on the Credit Karma website — or log in if you already have an account — and check to see if you are owed any sum of money from past employers, financial institutions, utility companies, or any other type of organization/vendor.
When a business owes you money, and they are unable to pay you, they generally turn this money over to the state. The state holds onto this money and keeps a record of who the money should be paid to and this tool helps consumers access this money.
Stash is a personal finance app that makes investing simple. You need to sign up for an account and they’ll ask you for information to help determine your financial goals and make suggestions/offer advice accordingly.
Once you make an account you are awarded $5 just for signing up. When you link a debit card to your account, you can receive an additional $5. You can load this money onto your debit card, or invest it to try and turn it into additional money.
- Diversify your portfolios;
- Set up automatic rebalancing features;
- Take advantage of investment support;
- Manage your retirement;
- Receive a debit card with which you can invest, save, and earn.
When you create an account and sign up for one of the monthly tier options, you receive a $5 sign-up bonus automatically.
Whenever you get someone to sign up for a prepaid card of at least $40 using your referral code, you and the new user receive $20 that will be added to your card. Additionally, when you load $250 onto the prepaid card you are entered into a sweepstakes where you can win up to $5,000.
Ibotta is an online platform that pays you cash back for everyday purchases such as groceries, clothing, travel, and any other form of online shopping. You can either download the mobile app or the browser extension — both options are free and available on their website.
When you shop using the mobile app or browser extension, you are automatically credited cash back. When you shop in-person, you simply need to scan your receipt to receive your cash-back credit.
When you sign up for your account you are given a $10 sign-on bonus that is awarded to you after your first purchase. You can redeem your earnings using PayPal or Venmo.
Rakuten is another online shopping platform that pays users cash back for using their platform to shop for a number of products or services. Each respective store/brand has its percentage amount for cash back.
Users simply create an account and add the Rakuten extension to their browser. As you shop, you earn cash back. You can access your cash back via check, or PayPal. When you sign up and make $25 of purchases in the first 90 days of becoming a member, you can earn a $10 cash-back bonus.
Dosh is a card-linked offer platform that gives users cash back when they shop, dine, travel, and book hotels. You can download the app from the App Store or Google Play, create an account, link your debit or credit card, and start shopping to earn cash back.
When you sign up and link a card, you receive $5 cash back automatically. Once you accumulate $25 in cash back, you can transfer your earnings to your bank account, get paid out via Venmo or PayPal, or you can donate your cash back to a charity of your choice.
Image Source: https://depositphotos.com/
Want a FREE Credit Evaluation from Credit Saint?
A $19.95 Value, FREE!